Can you believe it’s been a full 6 moths already? Where did the time go? And most importantly, WTF happened? That last question clearly hints to how this entire post is going to go, the general theme here is that
some things nothing went as planned.
If you want to check out my main goals for the year, check out the first quarter review here so you can get a better picture of why I chose certain goals and how I’ve kept up with them.
2nd Quarter Goals Review (April – June)
- Develop an effective study schedule and keep up with it. Did not happen (see “Struggles” bellow).
Save an extra 1,500 yuan (500/month).
- Do yoga Tuesday, Friday and Sunday mornings. Again, did not happen and is not happening. I was doing it in the beginning but as soon as I wrote this post I feel like things went downhill.
Attend the Dragon Boat Festivaland write a blog about it. This was so so SO great! The reason the blog post isn’t up is because we actually got invited to another race this past Sunday and I want to write about both races in one post (coming soon).
- Make 3 items of clothing. See, what had happened was… I actually have no excuse for why this didn’t happen. It just didn’t.
Successes: What IS working
- Being more social. This was greatly facilitated by the fact that I joined a group sport/activity (Dragon Boat racing) and we had regular practice which to me counts as social encounters and it’s been really nice interacting with new and different people and actually being active and doing things outdoors and I really looked forward to each practice day.
Struggles: What ISN’T working
- Finding motivation to do schoolwork. This has been the bane of my existence. I’ve been having this weird relationship with this whole college experience altogether and recently it’s been really hard to care about school or schoolwork and I need to figure this out soon.
- Managing stress from work. Recently my job went through some pretty big changes and what was once a pretty “no-brainer”, stress-free job suddenly turned into me doing 3 people’s jobs at once with no training and it got to a point where I was ready to leave but then again, trying not to “run” from a challenge and genuinely enjoying the job (the consistent pay more than anything) I stuck it out, learned A LOT, and it’s finally at a point where I can manage again but the stress really threw me off for a good month.
- Keeping routines. This is the key to all my other struggles I think. I work very well when I’m keeping my routines and I just haven’t been doing that. I haven’t been sleeping on time, eating on schedule (or at all to be honest), haven’t been doing my chores on schedule, writing on schedule (hence the inconsistency of posts) etc. The answer to all my problems is probably in getting back to my routines.
3rd Quarter Goals (July – September)
- Commit to my routines. That goes for sleeping, writing, exercising, chores and everything else that should be a routine thing.
- Save 5000yuan. I’m so behind on my total money goal for the year that I feel like I’m just going to put this out there and trust that the universe is going to make it happen.
- Re-discover my passion for school. The semester is over and I’m going to take this time to find some motivation to get back on track with school.
- Find an internship. This is self explanatory. No internship credits, no graduation so it’s got to get done.
- Continue to be social and develop meaningful friendships. Specially now that the Dragon Boat season is over it’s gonna take a bit more effort to keep being social and I’m taking that challenge on.
- Learn to put on a zipper, buttons and understand darts. Because these are the things I’m
scaredlazy to learn about, and these are the things keeping me from sewing.
- Buy an iPhone. Because I’ve finally reached a point in my life where I actually need one. #NeverThoughtIdSeeTheDay
- Create content for my Architecture blog/projects. Because this is really important to me and I’ve been severely slacking on it. You can check it out here if you’re interested in that sort of thing.
What About You?
- What are your goals for the year?
- What were your 2nd Quarter Goals and how have you kept up with them?
- What has been working for you and what hasn’t? How do you plan on changing that?
- What are your 3rd Quarter Goals?
Please share in the comments below!!